Lavender is one of the most versatile oils and part of the mint family. It has been used for centuries to help with infections, allergies, insomnia, and to calm anxious minds. Lavender Essential Oil comes from the flowers of a small green silvery shrub. The bright purple flowering tops are used to distill the Essential Oil. Lavender is grown all over the world, Bulgaria and France are some of the main growers. The base of the name “lavera” which means “to wash” comes from its use in bathing by the Romans. Lavender is a calming and soothing oil with a very pleasant floral smell. Not only is it a beautifully calming oil, but it works wonders on the skin. Some have even called it the Mother of Essential Oils.
Awesome Ways to use Lavender Essential Oil
- Need to be pampered? Put 3-5 drops in a bath for a relaxing soak.
- Skin Irritations? Dilute 1 drop Lavender with 4 drops carrier oil and use topically to help with blemishes and improve skin health.
- Exhausted but can't sleep? Put a few drops of Lavender and Solace on your pillow to help ease you into a restful night of sleep.
- Stressful day? Diffuse 3-5 drops in your favorite diffuser and take a deep breath.
- Lavender mixes well with almost any other oil! Try a few fun combinations and see what you get!
- Anxious? Lavender can help ease those tight and uncomfortable feelings.
Don't forget to follow us!