Tea Tree, also known as Melaleuca, has been used by the Aboriginal people of Australia for centuries where it was originally grown. The oil comes from distilling the leaves of the tree. Its near limitless uses for purifying, and aiding skin and hair have been extensively documented. Many people and companies use it in products for hair and acne. It is also useful to help combat lice and is in many products with that in mind.
With a distinct green, almost menthol aroma, Tea Tree is a great addition to any skincare regimen and diffuser blend. Similar to Citronella, many use Tea Tree to help ward off insects without using harsh chemicals. Use it to help clean skin after shaving, or add a drop to your shampoo for a wonderful and stimulating experience, Tea Tree is a widely used and loved essential oil.
Here are some great ways you can use Tea Tree Essential Oil!
- Hand Sanitizer - many of the compounds in Tea Tree have been shown to kill bacteria use 1-3 drops with coconut oil or aloe vera and use on hands!
- Insect repellant - Like Citronella, Tea Tree is great at keeping those pests away. Add 15 drops in a diffuser and take it outside!
- Acne Buster - If you have persistent acne from bacteria, Tea Tree can help to alleviate that, dilute 1 drop in 4 drops coconut oil and dab on those trouble spots. Be sure to use alongside DermaClear for best results!
- Foot Fungus - Many of the same compounds that help to keep germs at bay can also help to rid your feet of clingy infections. Don't put it on an open wound but you may want to give this oil a try!
- Kitchen Cleaner - Per its cleansing properties you can definitely use this oil to spice up your cleaning routine! Use it with Sanityze for the best results and a natural cleanser!