If you haven't used Lemon, you need to! As one of the most used essential oils, Lemon oil has a bright citrusy scent that uplifts and encourages. Thought to have originally come from India being brought back by Alexander the Great during his conquests.
Lemon Oil has a purifying and cleansing effect on the environment and works as a wonderful household cleaning aid. It is one of the universally used essential oils due to its wide range of uses and its classic lemon aroma.
How to Use Lemon Essential Oil
There are many ways to use lemon Essential Oil. Here are a few you may find useful!
- Tired of your smelly refrigerator and trash? Put 5-10 drops of Lemon on a cotton ball or in 1 cup of baking soda and place in a container!
- Combine with Peppermint in your diffuser to create a wonderfully balanced and uplifting aroma.
- Look on the bright side by surrounding yourself with this blend’s stimulating aroma.
- Make a fun and bright citrus sugar scrub to pamper yourself! Add 2 drops of Lemon with every 1 cup of sugar, then mix with 1 tablespoon of olive oil!
- Lemon is a great cleaner, use it to get pesky stains or marks off walls or baseboards!
- For extra cleaning power add 10 drops of lemon and 15 drops of Sanityze to a sprayer and keep every surface clean and sparkling.
- Give your bathroom towels a Lemon theme by adding 7-10 drops into the rinse cycle when washing.
- Use SafeGuard to help yourself stay healthy and keep environmental threats at bay, Lemon is one of its ingredients!
- Baking Soda, Lemon and water made into a paste are great for taking off those hard water stains.
- Add 3 drops Lemon to a damp rag and use it to polish your appliances to a sparkling perfection!
*As with any citrus oil, be sure to avoid sunlight for at least 12 hours after applying. Citrus Oils increase UV sensitivity and cause burns.